After School Nannies at Nanny Link
Established 1996 - Setting the standards
At Nanny Link we believe children are precious and need to know that the nannies recruited via our agency have relevant qualifications and experience in childcare. All Nanny Link Branches are run by trained nannies (and we happen to be mums too) so we are qualified in helping you and your family find the ideal childcare. Not only having professional training we have over 60 years experience between us working with children.
This section was set up to look at this difficult area in sourcing Nannies for before and or after school care. So here is some information for you:
Helpful points for the client:
- One of the major problems is the lack of hours so this restricts the nannies who wish to be put forward
- Also consider do you need help full time in the school holidays this could help
- Will you consider a junior nanny?
- Or a nanny who has their own child and wishes them to accompany them to work
- Salary levels generally are from £7-£10 gross (please remember nanny link advised Gross not net payments are agreed). These Salaries are in relation to South East and Kent branches not central London
Helpful points for the Nanny:
- You will need to be Trained in childcare i.e. NNEB, NVQ, BTEC and so forth to apply to our posts
- If you have years of experience as a nanny but not qualified we would expect you to undertake Home carer qualification so that if required you can become ofsted registered. (Please see our links page and look at training section MNT). This can be done over a weekend or postal correspondence.
- After school care can be mornings or just afternoons. Often a parent will need you full time in the school holiday
- Typical salaries are from £7- £10 per hour which is dependant on your experience as a nanny and if you are sole charge.
- If you are requesting to take your own child with you to work this is taken as a share and therefore your hourly rate may be negotiated
Duties of an after school nanny:
- Take to and from school
- Prepare meals for the children
- Supervise homework
- Take to activities
- Full Nanny duties will apply in the school holiday
Advantages for using a reputable agency rather than chancing internet or word of mouth:
- Interviewed by trained nannies
- Employment checks
- Continued support
Alternatively if you do source your own Nanny and need the support of our agency please read our employment vetting scheme which will help allay fears of whom you are employing. To source a nanny or apply for work as an after school nanny within the South East London and Kent area either click here to contact us via email or please call
Margaret on: 020 3589 0098
Sally on: 07545 993410