Nanny Link – Training Common Core skills and Consultancy Services
Nanny Link is an independent Training, development and consultancy specialising in childcare. Offering Common core skills enabling Ofsted registration. We opened in 1996 and have been helping local nannies, Au pairs, child carers and families giving personal and professional service for Nannies and Nurseries. We can offer the assurances of over 30 years of experience. Margaret who is the founder of Nanny Link is NNEB trained, has worked as a Nanny, Personnel Management, recruitment and a working parent who employed a Nanny so truly understanding all aspects of being a nanny and parent. Margaret is currently with Canterbury Christchurch University to become a qualified trainer/tutor and to gain degree level in this work. All 30 years’ experience coupled with professional training in teaching enables us to offer a first-class training programme for nannies. This will enhance the nannies understanding in the important role a they play in your children’s life’s and this can reflect on the care and wellbeing of their charges. Being a nanny is not just a job it is a vocation and importantly the enjoyment of seeing children learn, develop and helping them to feel confident in a fast growing and changing world.
I use the analogy that people would not take a stranger off the street to cut our hair without being trained. so, would we allow a stranger to care for our children without training?
Training is available with flexibilty ,we offer a wide selection of courses, from tasters £10.00, individual learning sectors for updating skills form £25.00 to the full 6 common core skills for Ofsted registration. In addition we are able to help anyone who has access to a computer as we can link via video. Times and days are flexible so just ask….
We work with Nanny agencies offering training to their nannies and we have links to their sites so parents and nannies are able to source employment via a reputable agency. Our work extends to the Trading Association for nanny agencies http://www.anauk.org/find-an-agency/
Our Training Programmes:
We offer a selection of training to nannies and families
- Professional Training- 6 modules
- Ofsted approved using common core skills so nannies can become ofsted registered
- Employability ( becoming a nanny and skills and employment opportunities)
- individual modular training programmes for nannies and families.
- Certificates for your portfolio
- CV Writing
- Communication and negotiation between parent and nanny
Commitment to our training:
You can choose your plan:
- One full day training- dates and times are available please ask
- Evening training
- Day time training
- Video link so we still speak to you
- Set work sent out and returned for marking
- No learning boundaries where ever you live we can train you through Video connection
Our certificates are FREE no charge once you have completed the training. Many companies offer ‘free’ training but you have to pay to gain the certificate.
What is unique to Nanny Link Training is that all trainers are qualified in childcare and have worked as nannies offering both practical and theory learning. Every successful learner will gain a certificate to show potential parents and able to register with Ofsted. (First aid Training is also required in addition to gain ofsted registration https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted)
Please visit our website as below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our website for further information www.nannytraininglink.com
Wanting help to find a nanny?
Use our Consultancy service:
For families sourcing their own nannies via the internet or word of mouth we are able to offer a checking service for you to have peace of mind and advise when employing a nanny. Our fee for this service is £150.00. If you are struggling with no applicants we will work with reputable Nanny agencies to extend your search and manage their CV’s on your behalf
- Post information you supply about your vacancy on our Facebook for nannies to make enquires for your role
- Helpful interview questions
- We will offer DBS service if one is required for the nanny
- Helpful fact sheets on employment of a nanny
- Reference verification
- Recruitment advice
- Will approach Nanny agencies on your behalf, request CVs appropriate to your role. Manage this for you initially. Once you see a CV we will ask the agency to contact you direct.
Our service exceeds 30 years of experience…